So how do you select the right insurance advisor?
Selecting your insurance advisor is like selecting your attorney, accountant, doctor or dentist. Did you put the job out to bid and shop for the lowest price? Or did you search online, get referrals, meet face-to-face and ask questions?
Selecting an advisor is all about trust.
- Expertise – Does the broker have experience handling accounts like yours?
- References – Can the broker provide references?
- Resources – Does the broker have access to the insurance companies?
- Professional – What are the broker’s professional credentials and licenses?
- Character – Do you trust the broker?
- Transparency – Does the broker readily share information with you in a way you can understand?