The purpose of this notice. We value your business and trust you’ve placed with us. That’s why we want to assure you that we are serious about keeping your personal information private before, during and after your business relationship with us.
Title V of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) as well as California Insurance Code Section 791 requires that we provide you with written notice of our privacy policies and practices about your non-public personal information. This notice describes our policies and practices governing our use of your non-public personal information
- Information We Collect. We collect personal information about you or other individuals proposed for insurance from a variety of sources:
- Applications or other forms you or your proposed insureds complete including names, addresses and birth dates;
- Consumer reporting agencies used to obtain loss history;
- Your transactions with us, our affiliates or the insurance companies we contact, including but not limited to policy coverages, premiums and payment history;
- Medical records involving insurance claims
- Information We May Disclose to Third Parties. We do not disclose any non-public personal information about you, or your accounts, to anyone, except as permitted or required by law. We may disclose non-public personal information about you to the following affiliates and nonaffiliated third parties only to effect, administer or enforce your insurance transaction:
- Insurance companies;
- Claims administrators, appraisers, inspectors or other third parties to perform a function about your insurance transaction;
- Governmental agencies when required to do so;
- Lien holders, mortgagees, assignees, or other persons having a legal or beneficial interest in the policy of insurance
- Medical care institutions or medical professionals to verify coverage or benefits, inform you of a medical problem, or conduct an audit to verify treatment.
- Confidentiality of Information. We restrict access to your nonpublic personal information to employees on a “need to know” basis. If the employee is not involved in your account they do not need access to your information. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard your nonpublic personal information
- Your Right to Opt-Out. If you do not want us to disclose nonpublic personal information about you to nonaffiliated third parties, you may opt-out. If you choose to opt-out, you must return this form to ISU 201 California Street Suite 200 San Francisco CA 94111. If you do not return this form to us within 30 days we may share information about you.
Even if you opt-out, we may still disclose information as allowed by law. This includes disclosing information to our affiliates to market other products or services or to procure, renew or replace your insurance coverage.
IMPORTANT PRIVACY CHOICES: OPT-OUT FORM
______ I wish to exercise my rights to opt-out sharing nonpublic personal information about me to nonaffiliated third parties for purposes other than those permitted by law